Meet Our Team
Certified Professional Organizer®
Sarah Buckwalter has been a Professional Organizer for over 15 years. In 2000, she founded Organizing Boston, which has grown into the largest professional organizing business in New England and was the 2014 winner of Best of Boston Home™, Best Professional Organizer.
Highly regarded and nationally recognized as an organizing industry expert, Sarah appears frequently on news and television programs and contributes to dozens of articles on the subject of organization. She has appeared several times on the hit television series, "Hoarding: Buried Alive" on TLC.
With a desire to share her knowledge and expertise, Sarah developed Organizing U a comprehensive online organizing education and training site. Through Organizing U, Sarah offers comprehensive on-demand training programs for Professional Organizers, individuals and small businesses.
Prior to becoming a Professional Organizer, Sarah spent several years in corporate functions, including office management, human resources and administration.
Sarah holds a B.A. in Journalism and French from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst and attended the Université de Rouen in France. She is a Certified Professional Organizer®, a Golden Circle member of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO), The Institute for Challenging Disorganization (ICD), NAPO-New England, NAPO- Colorado and has served on the Board of Directors for NAPO-New England and NAPO-Colorado.
Kate has been Organizing Boston's lead organizer and project manager for over seven years. With her extensive knowledge of organizing techniques and products, she can tackle any organizing project, large or small. Kate has a keen eye for decor and spatial layout. She designs and installs custom closet and shelving systems that are both attractive and functional. With her background in management and antique sales, Kate is an expert at move and estate coordination.
Sought after for her knowledge and expertise, Kate frequently lectures on organizing and time management. She has appeared on several television programs, including the hit television series, "Hoarding: Buried Alive" on TLC.
Prior to becoming a Professional Organizer, Kate owned and operated an antique shop in Plymouth, MA.
Kate holds a B.A. in Management from Simmons College and is a member of the National Association of Profession Organizers (NAPO).
Angel loves creating beautifully organized spaces. Everything in her home has a place and her whole family is able to follow and maintain the organizational systems.
Her organizing passion came to her at a young age. Angel’s father was in the U.S. Navy and they moved almost every summer. The weight of their possessions had to be kept under a limit, so she became adept at deciding what was important to keep. That skill has expanded into the ability to help her clients decide which possessions support the life they want to lead and then find smart places for those things to live. It is important to her that throughout the organizing process, her clients feel good about the decision to let go of the things they don’t need.
Angel’s extensive professional background includes work as an administrator, a training specialist, a bookkeeper, and an adjunct professor of business at North Shore Community College.
Angel holds an Associate’s degree in Office Administration from the University of New Orleans and a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Education from Salem State University. Angel also holds a certificate in Professional Organizing from Northern Essex Community College.
Nancy is passionate about organizing across a wide range of projects in residential and office settings. She brings a positive energy toward every organizing project and helps clients identify and achieve their organizing goals using a collaborative approach.
She has extensive experience working with families, senior citizens, executives, small businesses and nonprofit agencies. Her competence in reducing clutter, organizing physical spaces and creating streamlined processes benefit clients who gain control of their surroundings and accomplish more at work and at home.
Nancy comes to professional organizing from a corporate background in the high-technology industry as a project manager, marketer, executive assistant, event planner and writer.
Nancy holds a B.A. in Sociology from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. She is a member of The National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO).
- After serving various roles on the Organizing Boston team, including hands-on organizing and office administration, Sarah is now focused on bringing our team’s organizing passion and knowledge to the masses. As Director of Training and Development, you will find her scouring the earth and canvassing our team for the latest and greatest in all things organized and creating programs and products to help you manage your life and your stuff! Naturally, she can also be found helping with all the behind the scenes work that keeps our hand-on organizing business going. And when not in the office, she’s enjoying time with her little girl, family and friends, and keeping up with everything that goes along with family and home life!
- Sarah has been organizing things and spaces as long as she can remember and it was this natural drive toward all things organized that led her to make a career out of it in 2009. In her previous life, she worked as a registered dietitian, helping others incorporate healthy habits into their busy lives. She maintains her nutrition credentials and serves as our team’s resident health and wellness expert. Sarah’s philosophy is that while life is messy and unpredictable, a little imperfect organization can go a long way toward helping busy people (and who’s not busy these days) stay happy and healthy!
- Cate has been a Professional Organizer for over seven years. She enjoys helping people simplify and unclutter their lives and finding the right solutions for their needs. She believes in new beginnings and loves helping people relocate and move into a space where they can feel comfortable in an aesthetically pleasing and functional new environment. Her specialties include working with seniors and families to create an organized home environment.
- In 2012, Cate moved from Massachusetts to Florida to specifically work with seniors who were in the process of downsizing. Though her organizing work in Florida kept her busy, she has recently moved back to Massachusetts and we are glad to have her back!
- Prior to becoming an organizer, Cate spent many years as an office manager where she honed her office organizing and paper management skills.
- Cate is a member of National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO).